Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ciara Responds to Rumors That She Is Swagger Jacking Beyonce

In a recent interview about how she felt about claims of her swagger jacking Beyonce' in her latet video, Ciara had this to say: “It goes to show how creative we can be and how close the worlds are. I did my first video with my metal outfit. I was inspired by Thierry Mugler. Now, from my understanding, Beyonce is using Thierry Mugler for her tour. It just is what it is. It’s very petty to me. When people nitpick something and they say negative things, my response to that is they really must have liked it that much. They just said, “This just can’t be! We gotta find something!” That’s also the definition of a person having too much time on their hands to do nothing. That’s how I look at that.”

Now for those of you that aren't familiar with the likes of French designer Thierry Mugler, allow me to give a little bit more background. Mugler, most famous for his work in the 2003 Cirque du Soleil was selected by Beyonce' Knowles to be the creative advisor and main costume designer for her latest tour. Knowles selected Mugler based upon his work in New York City's Metropolitan Museum of Art's Cotume Institute's "Superheroes" exhibit that was displayed in May 2008.

While most fans are siding with Beyonce' since her video came out first, decide for yourself. Both videos are listed below. Comment and tell us who's swagger jacking who or if there is any involved for that matter.

Beyonce' - Diva vs. Ciara ft. Justin Timberlake-Love Sex Magic

No comments:

Post a Comment